+359 886 32 12 86
12th NATIONAL CONGRESS ON NOSOCOMIAL INFECTIONS
OF THE BULGARIAN ASSOCIATION FOR PREVENTION AND INFECTION CONTROL „BULNOSO” and
6st NATIONAL SEMINAR OF THE BULNOSO ACADEMY
Co-organized with the University Hospital “St. Anna” – Sofia
Sofia, 15–16 November 2018
The main purpose of the Bulgarian Association for Prevention and Infection Control “BulNoso” is to provide information on European standards and innovation to a wide range of experts from clinical and preventive medicine necessary for their professional development. For its information and training purposes BulNoso maintains the renewed website www.bulnoso.org, the Bulletin “Nosocomial Infections”, and the National Congress with international participation.
Traditionally, the main topics of the nosocomial infections surveillance with its epidemiological, ethiological and clinical aspects, as well as the implementation of complex measures to prevent the healthcare-associated infections, will be discussed during the working sessions of the congress, and the company’s exhibition will illustrate recent advances in methods and technologies for development and use of products to ensure hospital hygiene, disinfection and sterilization.
In 2018, the scientific programme will be focused on:
– Protection of the hospital personnel through immunization: hepatitis B, influenza;
– Sterilization in hospital practice: organization, education, implementation of standards, problems;
– Spread of multi-resistant pathogens – current emergency: new type of resistance (x-drug and pan-drug);
– Presentation and discussion on: The WHO Guidelines on Core Components of Infection Prevention and Control Programmes to support HCFs
The Congress will be hosted by one of the BSHHP Model Hospitals, University Hopital “St. Anna”– Sofia, an example of successful combining the best traditions with the progress in introduction of the European healthcare standards.
12th National Congress of BulNoso will continue to support the WHO Initiatives „Global Patient Safety Challenge”
On behalf of the Organizing committee of the 12th National Congress on Nosocomial Infections and the BulNoso Board I would like to invite all of you who are interested to obtain and share scientific and practical knowledge within the different topics of the forum, to join us for BulNoso 2018 at the conference centre of the University Hospital “St. Anna” in Sofia, Bulgaria.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Nina Gatcheva Assoc. Prof. Dr Rossitza Vatcheva
Honorary President BulNoso President and
Chair of the Organizing Committee
- Personnel and patient’s protection through immunization: hepatitis B, influenza.
- Patient Safety: Hand Hygiene and prevention of HAIs associated with invasive procedures.
- Cleaning, Disinfection and Sterilization in hospital practice.
- Surveillance of multi-resistant pathogens: new type of resistance (x–drug and pan–drug).
- Surveillance and prevention of sharp injuries in hospital.
This year a special attention will be given to: Sterilization in hospital practice: organization, education, implementation of standards, problems.